Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall Catch-Up Read-a-Thon Wrap Up

I started this read-a-thon with a lot of momentum. I read three books in the first four days and then slowed down a bit. I think my hold-up was selecting the fourth book. I had originally wanted to read The Fat Girl by Marilyn Sachs (read), Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian (read), Losing Faith by Denise Jaden, One Lonely Degree by c.k. kelly martin, Love is the Higher Law by David Levithan, and Nothing Like You by Lauren Strasnick(read). But . . . . I also have was tempted to read Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I took it off my shelf a few weeks ago but put it back for one reason or another. I was hesitant to read it during the read-a-thon because I knew that it would take me a couple of days and I didn't want to use my remaining time to read just one book. So instead of starting a new book, any book, I didn't read anything at all for almost 2 whole days. I couldn't make a decision, so I didn't make a decision at all. Who would have thought that choosing a book to read could be so stressful. (It is moments like these that I realize just how lame I am.) Anyway, I ended up reading Mockingjay and I am so glad that I did. I've been swept in the story of Katniss, Peeta, Gale and the Hunger Games this past month and I was anxious to find out how it would end. I was not disappointed!

In the end, I read four books and a total of 1140 pages.

Thanks to The True Book Addict for hosting. I can't wait until the next read-a-thon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs