Friday, September 10, 2010

The Friday Five (4)

The Friday Five is inspired by Sarah Dessen's blog on LiveJournal. I've been following this blog the longest and love how she recaps her week with the Friday Five, now called The Five.

Here, I recap my week with connections to books I am reading, have read, want to read and other random musings.

1. This Labor Day weekend, I got to spend a few days at the lake. I visited with some friends and their families. It was a nice surprise, when pulling up to the boat dock, to see everyone reading and relaxing in the sun. I knew I was hanging out with the right crowd. During the holiday I was able to finish Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins and was given several book recommendations. One that I may have to add to by TBR list is The Tortilla Curtain by T. C. Boyle. While this book is not something that I would typically read right now, I was intrigued by the topic.

2. This week I received a "One Lovely Blog Award" from Kelly at The Bookscape Report It's cool to know that others are checking out your blog. Since my blog is fairly new, I appreciate the compliment! I'll make sure to pay it forward.

3. Currently Reading: The Things a Brother Knows by Dana Reinhardt - I am really enjoying this book. For a small taste, check out this week's Teaser Tuesday. Review coming soon!

4. Soon to leave the shelf: a little wanting song by Cath Crowley 

5. Random Rambling: I've been watching The Secret Life of the American Teenager from the very beginning of the series. Amy, Ricky, Ben and Adrienne, along with the sarcastic wit for Ashley, have kept me pretty entertained, but I must say I am getting a little tired of all of the sex talk. Every conversation has to do with having or not having sex, the consequences of having sex or not having sex, or wanting to have sex, and it is getting a little tiresome. I'm not convinced that sex is all teenagers have to talk about. Please, Secret Life, give me more.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs