Friday, December 31, 2010

The Best of 2010 in Books


I am completing The Perpetual Page-Turner's End of 2010 Survey when I really should be getting ready to go out. My festivities don't start for about another hour, so I am trying to make this happen before the end of the year. (thank goodness I keep a list of all of the books I read)

1. Best book of 2010?
Because I can't limit it just 1, here are my top 5:
Freefall by Mindi Scott
Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
Love Is the Higher Law by David Levithan

2. Worst book of 2010? *
The Deadly Sister by Eliot Schrefer - *I have a disclaimer for this one. I didn't actually finish the book, I just couldn't get into it - so this isn't the worst book I read this year, but the book I gave up on this year.

3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010?
An Underachiever's Diary by Benjamin Anastas - I was hoping that it would be filled with snarky witticisms, but not so much. 

4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010? 


Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry - I loved this book. What is so surprising is that this was the first book where the author contacted me about providing a review. I was hesitant at first because it was about zombies but I love zombie movies, so I gave it a shot. And it is a book about zombies, but so much more! Everyone should read it. (see below)





5. Books you recommended to people most in 2010?

Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry

6. Best series you discovered in 2010? The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010?
Definitely Melina Marchetta, Cath Crowley and Mindi Scott

8. Most hilarious read of 2010?
Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler - This book had me in stitches page after page. 


9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010?


Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols - I got so caught up in the love triangle of Lori, Sean and Adam. It was a fun summer romance filled with hilarious hi jinx, and I felt like a teenage again. It also made me want to try wakeboarding (which I did, unsuccessfully I might add)




10. Book you most anticipated in 2010?
Fallout by Ellen Hopkins - I am still anticipating this one. It was published in 2010, I purchased it in 2010, but I didn't read it in 2010. I do not know what I am waiting for, wait yes I do, Hopkins's next published book, Perfect. I like to have her newest book on the bookshelf waiting for me before I read the previously published one. With her books, I am weird that way.

11. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010?
Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler - I love the blue sea glass and the worn out wood of the boardwalk












12. Most memorable characters in 2010?
Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark of The Hunger Games Trilogy, together or separate these characters had me captivated.

13. Most beautifully written book in 2010?

You Are Not Here by Samantha Schutz

14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010?
Freefall by Mindi Scott

15. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read?
 The Hunger Games - All of the hype surrounding the book kept me away, and the main character's name, Katniss just didn't seem like something I would want to read over and over again. I'm so glad I got over that because The Hunger Games Trilogy was awesome.

Who knows, maybe in 2011, I will give Harry Potter a try! I cannot wait to start reading for 2011.
You can check out a complete list of all of the books I read in 2010 here.

1 comment:

  1. I have Rot and Ruin on my tbr pile! Good to hear that you liked it. I can't believe you only not finished one book this year. My numbers are closer to 75 or so! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs