Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - The Eleventh Plague

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:






The Eleventh Plague
by Jeff Hirsch
Published by Scholastic Books
September 1, 2011








The wars that followed The Collapse nearly destroyed civilization. Now, twenty years later, the world is faced with a choice—rebuild what was or make something new.

Stephen Quinn, a quiet and dutiful fifteen-year-old scavenger, travels Post-Collapse America with his Dad and stern ex-Marine Grandfather. They travel light. They keep to themselves. Nothing ever changes. But when his Grandfather passes suddenly and Stephen and his Dad decide to risk it all to save the lives of two strangers, Stephen's life is turned upside down. With his father terribly injured, Stephen is left alone to make his own choices for the first time.

Stephen’s choices lead him to Settler's Landing, a lost slice of the Pre-Collapse world where he encounters a seemingly benign world of barbecues, baseball games and days spent in a one-room schoolhouse. Distrustful of such tranquility, Stephen quickly falls in with Jenny Tan, the beautiful town outcast. As his relationship with Jenny grows it brings him into violent conflict with the leaders of Settler's Landing who are determined to remake the world they grew up in, no matter what the cost.
(from Goodreads)


Contemporary YA has been my thing for quite a while, but I love that I am branching out and reading different genres. I came across The Eleventh Plague on the League of Extraordinary Writers website. If you are a fan of YA dystopian, you definitely should check it out.

4 comments:

  1. Yay, this is my pick this week as well. Great minds think alike :) You can find my post here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wiat for this one either and recently had it as one of my Wow's. I also had lunch with a guy from Scholastic who had read and raved about it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this sounds good! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one. I will definitely have to check it out! Great pick.

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs