Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dewey's Read-a-thon Wrap-Up



  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? - I took an extended break for 7 hours which I thought would only be 4 or 5 at the most and that hour coming back was the hardest. I tried to catch up on any challenges that were still ongoing and I wanted to read the posts for the hours I missed.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I like novels in verse and you can read through them fairly quick. The third book I selected, Song of the Sparrow, is a novel in verse and once I got over my "return to the readathon" delay, it was quick reading from there. (well until I fell asleep) Some other novels in verse I would suggest are any ya book my Lisa Schroeder - The Day Before, Far from You, Chasing Brooklyn and I Heart You, You Haunt Me.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? For myself, I just need to decide to join earlier and clear my schedule. Some suggestions overall - some of the challenges took a while to complete and you quickly realize that 45 minutes of reading time have passed. The challenges are a choice and you don't have to participate, but that are a lot of fun. So maybe have a few more challenges that are easy to participate in would be my suggestion.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I liked the consistent format of the hourly updates which listed the random winners, the ongoing challenges and the links to the newest challenges.
  5. How many books did you read? I completed 2 books and started a third book and read a total of 556 pages. My total reading time ended up being only 7 of the 24. But I might not have read that much otherwise because I wasn't even planning to join, so Go Me!!!
  6. What were the names of the books you read? I read Every You, Every Me by David Levithan, Chasing Boys by Karen Tayleur and I started Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? Of these I like Every You, Every Me by David Levithan - It took me by surprise because it wasn't what I was expecting at all and that is exactly why I liked it.
  8. Which did you enjoy least? I liked all the books I read.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I wasn't a cheerleader btu I did like receiving the blog comments and tweets along the way!
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will definitely participate in the next read-a-thon as a reader. This was a lot of fun, the fast paced reading, challenges and connecting with so many other readers. I'll just make sure to clear my schedule for a full day of reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs