Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bout of Books Read-a-thon Recap

The Bout of Books 2.0 Read-a-thon ended on Sunday, but I just now have a chance to recap the event. The read-a-thon was a lot of fun for me. I was a co-host on Wednesday, where I  hosted the Book Spine Poetry Challenge and  a Twitter chat. I was pretty geared up for the Twitter chat all day and right as it started, there was  a "hiccup" with my account and I missed about the first 10 minutes. I tried to participate from my laptop, my i-Pad or my phone. Finally, it was all working right, but as the host, I was sweating it there for a minute (or 10). All in all, it was a good time and I got to meet some new bloggers and readers.

To keep read-a-thons fun, I try to not have too high of expectations for myself. This time around, I wanted to read more books than the last Bout of Books, participate in more challenges and connect with bloggers and readers. And I can congratulate myself because this is exactly what happened.

I'd listed some books I wanted to read. I didn't satisfy all categories (as you can see) but I did read 5 (my goal) and started a 6th.
  • One book recommended to me - Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell (recommended by Nomes at inkcrush)
  • One book gifted to me - none
  • One book I won from a giveaway - Exposed by Kimberly Marcus
  • One e-book - The Ex-Games by Jennifer Echols
  • One book for review -none
  • One book that will fulfill one of the year-long challenges I signed up for - Exposed by Kimberly Marcus
Other Books Read:
You by Charles Benoit
V: WaveSon.nets/Losing l'Una by Stephanie Strickland
started Beauty Queens by Libby Bray (204 pages)

I participated in a few challenges:

Haiku challenge at Smitten with Reading
I wrote a haiku for Libba Bray's Beauty Queens:

Miss Teen Dream beauties
Crash landed on an island
Who will win the crown

Match the Urban Fantasy Hero(ine) to their Faithful Sidekick Challenge hosted by Jen at Not Now . . . I'm Reading 

Witchcraft in Popular Fiction - Muse's Book Journal

I was randomly selected as the winner of the Witchcraft in Popular Fiction and I selected Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough for my prize. Yay!!

Another Bout of Books Read-a-thon is already in the works (the beginning stages, that is). Amanda is hard a work getting that set up. She has even setting up a new site specifically for future read-a-thons. 

Until then, happy reading!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs