Sunday, February 12, 2012

In My Mailbox (60)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme run by Kristi at The Story Siren which showcases the books that have been delivered to our mailbox or doorstep or directly into our hot little hands.



Purchased:

For Review:

Gifted:
Thank you Amanda!
Fangirl buttons from Laurie Boyle Crompton

This week, like pretty much every other week, I treated myself to some books. After reading The Disenchantments for the Southern Book Bloggers arc tours, I loved the book so much that I wanted to have my own copy. You can read my fangirlish review here. I became a fan of Jennifer Hubbard after reading The Secret Year and just had to get her latest, Try Not to Breathe, for my library. 

I also received Amplified as a Random Act of Kindness from Amanda at Letters Inside Out. Amanda was so nice to pass along this ARC to me. Thank you! And author Laurie Crompton sent me some buttons for her upcoming novel Fangirl. I featured Fangirl a couple of weeks ago as my Waiting on Wednesday. It doesn't come out until August, but Laurie was willing to share these fun buttons with me now. Maybe I'll pass one along too.

For review, I received Vampire's Kiss from Penguin. This one just showed up. It is the second in the The Watchers series by Veronica Wolff. I've yet to read the first, Isle of Night - I don't even have it to read. If anyone knows about the series, please share your thoughts. 

I didn't comment on IMMs last week because I went on vacation and had limited computer access, but thanks to everyone who stopped by and left a comment. I plan to check out a lot of IMMs this week. February is filled with some great new releases and I am interested to see what everyone got in their mailboxes!

10 comments:

  1. Awesome books this week! I am so jealous of Vampire's Kiss. I loved the first book in that series. Hope you enjoy all your books. Oh and glad to hear you loved The Disenchantments. I will have to check it out.

    Stop by my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for The Disenchantments! :) I've heard pretty good things about it, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Great haul!

    My IMM for this week

    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to buy The Disenchantments myself! It looks so good.

    So happy Amplified arrived, hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! I really want to read Amplified and The Disenchantments. Enjoy!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to reading The Disenchantments. I keep hearing great things about it. I look forward to your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great books this week! I can't wait to read The Disenchantments and those buttons are so cute! Hope you're having an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now THAT is a bunch of awesomeness!! LOVE the books!

    Here is my IMM

    Happy Reading

    Lindsay :)
    Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm obsessed with the Alice series and it is so underrated. I've been reading it since I was about ten.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time I see AMPLIFIED it makes me happy if only because I love the look of its cover! Even if the story doesn't live up to the hype, at least the cover looks good! I look forward to your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome haul I really want to read Try Not To Breathe!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs