Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Fangirl

 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:









Fangirl
by Laurie Boyle Crompton
Published by Sourcebooks
Publication Date: August  2012










When comic-obsessed Blaze stands up to her evil ex he posts a racy picture of her online and a battle of epic proportions ensues. Before she knows it, Zap! Thwack! Pow! Blaze becomes the target of intense bullying. She must learn to channel her inner-superhero if she hopes to gain the ultimate victory; rescuing herself. (from author's website)


I discovered this author and this book from Dear Teen Me. This is one of my all-time favorite site where authors write letters to their teen selves (if the title didn't tip you off). If you do not know what I'm talking about, definitely check it out. I've found a lot of new (and not so new) authors here and discovered some new books that I would like to read like Fangirl.


3 comments:

  1. Great pick! I just discovered this on goodreads a few days ago and added it to my list. It sounds great and I am a huge comic book and superhero fan.
    I love the site Dear Teen Me too!

    My WoW
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is new to me, but I'm loving the sound of it and how both the summary AND cover have comic book elements. I'm definitely adding it to my list!


    Steph @ Poetry to Prose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this book before. I like the sounds of this book! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs