Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Bookish Memories

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists. I am too so that is why I am participating this week.

Top Ten Best Bookish Memories 

1. Going to YALLFest in 2012
This is by far my favorite bookish memory. Back in November, I road tripped it down to Charleston, SC for a weekend of author panels, blogger meet-ups, and talking books with people who are just as excited about books as I am. It was one of the best times I've had and plan to go back this again this fall.

2. YALLFest Author Blogger Dinner
 After all of festivities of the day, a group of fun bloggers and some pretty amazing authors gathered for dinner at The Noisy Oyster.

photo courtesy of Alli of Alli's World, used with permission
 pictured are:
Alli from Alli's World and her husband, K8 from Froze8, Liz from Elizziebooks,
me, my friend Rachel, Tiffani's beau, Tiffani from Dangerous Observations, Author Simone Elkeles, Alli from Magnet 4 Books, Author Lauren Morrill, Kelsey from kelseyrdickson.com (she organized the dinner) and Melissa, assistant to Simone Elkeles

3. My first book review request - Jonathan Maberry for Rot and Ruin
At the time, I was a fairly new blogger and I couldn't believe that such a well known, established would contact me directly. Before I responded, I did a ton of searches about him to make sure that he was who he really said he was AND I contacted him at an alternate email address for further verification. This might have been a rookie move, but so what, I was a rookie.

4. Meeting Lauren Oliver for the Pandemonium book tour
 Her books move me to tears and I just had to meet her and to tell her just how much her story and her characters mean to me. I'm am anxious to find out how the Delirium series ends. March 5th can't come soon enough.



5. Having my grandmother read Cousin Matilda and the Foolish Wolf to me
This is my first memory of having someone read to me. When I was a child, every time I visited her, she would read the story to me.

6. Starting my in-real-life book club Provisions and Paperbacks
We read fun books. We go to author events. It's a good time. 

7. Talking about writing with Simone Elkeles
Sometimes people just say the right things to you exactly when you need to hear them.
 
8. Talking books with my mom
  She always claimed that she's only read one books as an adult. She recently started reading books (and not just magazines) and it is a wonderful way for us to connect with each other.

9. Meeting and talking books with Kody Keplinger
I ran into Kody at a book signing for Sarah Mlynowski at Books of Wonder in NYC. She was browsing the same shelves I was and I recognized her (from her shoes, no seriously) and I introduced myself. We talked for a short while about some of the books we were reading and she recommended some books that she really liked (Simone Elkeles)


10. Finishing Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty
It wouldn't be a top ten without Marcus Flutie and Jessica Darling, but this moment was ten years in the making. I started this series when it was first published and had to wait many, many years for the final perfect conclusion. I'm always jealous of people who start the series now and have all of the books ready for them, just waiting to be read.

3 comments:

  1. YALLfest sounds SO fun. I hope I can go to a bookish conference sometime.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great that your mom is reading! I try to get my to read books I love to no avail...usually. I did great her to read THG. It is a great way to connect.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Bookish memories sounds amazing. I wish I could attend the YALLFest and have someone like Johnathan ask to write a review! Keep up the great work.

    My Top Ten.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs