Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Jessica Darling's It List 2 by Megan McCafferty

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:







Jessica Darling's It List 2
The (Totally Not) Guaranteed to Friends, Foes and Faux Friends
by Megan McCafferty
Published by
Poppy
Publication Date: September 23, 2014
Add to Goodreads







Jessica Darling is getting the hang of seventh grade -- finally! While her old BFF, Bridget, is busy talking (nonstop) about her new boyfriend, Burke, Jessica tries to fit in with her new friends, Sara, Manda, and Hope. The IT List instructions from her sister, Bethany, and an epic slumber party may help Jessica secure her spot in the cool clique, but does she even want it?

Megan McCafferty's It List series introduces readers to Jessica Darling, an unabashedly brainy seventh grader who stays true to herself, even if it means being (totally not) cool.


Why I'm Waiting
  •  Jessica Darling is one of my favorite characters ever. I loved reading about Jessica during her older teen years and as an adult. Jessica as a pre-teen is just as funny.
  • I'm reading this series with my niece who is the same age/grade as Jessica. I hope that she will love this series as much as I do. 
  • I want to know more about Jessica's friendship with Hope. It was just beginning in book 1.
  • "An epic slumber party" - 7th grade slumber parties can make or break you!  

1 comment:

  1. I keep forgetting this is coming out this year! The first one was so fun... I'm only expecting the best in Book 2!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs