Monday, April 25, 2016

Review: COMPLICATE ME by M. Robinson




COMPLICATE ME
The Good 'Ol Boys #1
by M. Robinson
Publication Date: September 12, 2015
Pages: 362
Source: Purchased
Purchase Amazon | B&N







from Goodreads

It was complicated, it was also just the beginning.
A decision.
A simple choice.
There is always that one moment in life where things could have been different. That one moment where you could have chosen a path that would lead you down a certain road. 
A different life. 
It was easier to pretend that we were still best friends, and that she was my girl and I was her boy. 
Pretending was better than knowing the truth...
I. Ruined. Us.
I had her. 
I lost her. 
I love her.
All I did was complicate us.

STANDALONE series. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Strong language and sexual content, not intended for readers under 18.

My Thoughts

I don't think it's possible for two people to break each other's hearts more than Lucas and Alex did in Complicate Me. Lucas (Bo) and Alex (Half-Pint) had a tumultous relationship that spanned their childhood and early adulthood. The book had my heart permanently lodged in my throat while I read it. OK, not literally, but it definitely felt that way.  

Once I started reading Complicate Me, I honestly couldn't stop. I read through most of the night and only put the book down when I couldn't physically keep my eyes open. 

I loved that it was set in a small beach town in North Carolina - I spent some time there in my late teens (and still visit there every few years). I loved the dynamics of the friendships between Alex and the boys she grew up with. Aubrey was a favorite character from this book and I can't wait to read her story in a future book of this series. 

I read Complicate Me on the recommendation from a friend who knows I love young adult characters, romance books, and books that make me cry. She loved Complicate Me and wanted to make sure that I had the chance to experience Alex and Lucas's story. Oh, I did. I'm so glad that I listened to her. Even though this book hurt my heart and I was on the verge of tears for a majority of the time I read it, I still loved it. 


Disclaimer:  I purchased a copy of this title for my personal library and am providing my honest review.  I was not compensated in any way for providing this review. Thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs