Monday, May 16, 2016

Review: CRAVE ME by M. Robinson





CRAVE ME
The Good Ol' Boys #4
by M.Robinson
Publication Date: May 10, 2016
Pages: 325
Source: Purchased
Purchase Amazon | B&N









from Goodreads

They say in order to find yourself you have to go home. 
What if home was what you're running from? 
Where did that leave you? 
Always on the other side of the fence. 
Always looking in. 
Always wishing you were someone you couldn't be. 
Until one day you meet her. 
The one. 
She was my high, but she was also... 

My demise. 

STANDALONE within a series. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Strong language and themes, and sexual content, not intended for readers under 18.


My Thoughts

After finishing CRAVE ME, the fourth book of the Good Ol' Boys Series, it is safe to say M. Robinson can definitely write heartache, for sure! When you feel like you are experiencing the same emotions as the characters, you know that you are reading something special.

It wasn't until I got into the heart of CRAVE ME that I realized that I really didn't know a lot about Austin from the first three books of the series. This makes complete sense because that is what he struggled with as a teenager - being himself, being misunderstood, and not being able to fully express himself, and this eventually led to the problems he dealt with as he got older.

In the previous books Briggs is a complete mystery, with a minor appearance, and I wanted to know more of who Briggs is. Who was this tattooed girl in Austin's life who was so important to him that he would bring her to Lucas's mother's funeral. In the first half of CRAVE ME, I got to see a lot that she went through, but I needed that emotional connection, and I hate admitting this but I wasn't emotionally connected to her. But then EVERYTHING happened, and Briggs became real, and it hurt my heart. I got that connection that I so desperately needed and wanted.

Austin and Brigg's story is tragic and full of sorrow. But it is also powerful and oh, so good!

I'm so glad to have been introduced to this series by a friend, and even more grateful that I didn't start reading it until most of the books were available. It would've been torturous to have to wait for each book to be released.




Disclaimer:  I purchased a copy of this title for my personal library and am providing my honest review.  I was not compensated in any way for providing this review. Thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs