Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Mini Reviews: Bright Side, The Butterfly Garden, and Dirty English (Guest Reviewer)

A collection of mini-reviews, quick thoughts, and books worth mentioning by guest reviewer EMillie. 

Check them out!




Bright Side by Kim Holden
Publication Date: July 4, 2014
Pages: 423
Source: Purchased
Rating 5 of 5





Review: Bright Side was a kindle recommendation after I read The Fault in Our Stars.  I got it but it set in my kindle library for well over a year before I decided to read it.  I had a hangover for a couple of weeks when I finished this book.  I just couldn’t move on to another love story after reading it.   It is such a beautiful gut-wrenching and heart-breaking story between friends and lovers.  It is so full of positivity even though you know it is going to tear you apart in the end.  The connection between Katie and the other characters is so well developed you wish you could be a part of her story.  You will laugh and you will cry because this book in packed full of feels.   





The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison
Publication Date: June 1, 2016
Pages: 288
Source: Purchased
Rating 4 of 5




Review: The Butterfly Garden was on my Kindle recommendation list when the cover caught my eye and I decided to get it.  I read this book following a book hangover from a previous read.  I needed a change of pace from the love stories and I was very impressed.  Dot was able to take the beauty of a butterfly and turn into a terrifying image.  The heroine Maya/Inara is masterfully written.  She has been through hell before being taken by a psychopath and his deviant son.  Forced to live as a beautiful slave with his other victims.  Her traumas aging her beyond her years.  This book thrilled and chilled and mesmerized me throughout its pages.





Dirty English by Ilsa Madden-Miles
Publication Date: October 10, 2015
Pages: 272
Source: Purchased
Rating 4 of 5





 Review: I have read Ilsa’s Briarcrest Academy series and love it.  She always has a way of bringing two characters from different backgrounds together.  She continued her art in Dirty English.  Elizabeth is a small-town southern girl who is left broken and vowing to never love again from one tragic night.  Her life stalled by fear.  Declan is an English chap who is a lean, mean, underground fighting machine that loves classical literature.  The loss of his mother at a young age leaving him fractured but determine to make his own way in life.  Once they meet you can feel the magnetism and electricity that buzzes between them.  When they give in the pull to be with one another, it is OMG hot, sexy and steamy!  I love it when a man is not afraid to fight for his girl.  Next I will be reading Filthy English starring Declan’s twin brother, Dax.

1 comment:

  1. These books are all so unique and different. Bright Side sounds like something I may want to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs